What you need to know:
- Foldable smartphone with liquid lens camera have been unveiled by Xiaomi.
- The foldable device will employ employ the same fold-style form factor as Samsung’s Galaxy Fold smartphones and Huawei’s Mate X2.
- When this device is folded, it present to the user a narrow 6.52-inch display sporting a 2,520 x 840 resolution.
- Plus when you unfold the device, it offers you an additional 8.01 inches of screen space boasting a 2,480 x 1,860 resolution.
- The smartphone has a powerful hardware and fluid-based camera – the Mi Mix Fold comes with all the bells and whistles which can expected from current smartphone flagships.
- The smartphone boasts a Snapdragon 888 5G processor paired with up to 16GB RAM and 512GB of storage.
- It features the largest battery and fastest charging speed of any foldable smartphone – packing a large 5,020mAh unit supporting 67W turbo charging.
- The camera offers a unique design which comes with a triple lens setup comprising a 108MP main camera, 13MP ultra-wide sensor, and 8MP “bionic” camera.
- The trick up its sleeve is that bionic camera, which comes with a motor that is capable of manipulating a packet of liquid in order to switch between telephoto and macro modes.
- The telephoto mode offers 3x optical zoom and 30x hybrid zoom.
Xiaomi claimed this fluid would be able to fucntion in temperatures ranging from -40°C to 60°C.
Pricing starts at R22,609 for the model with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage.
Below are the specifications and images of the Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold.
|Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold|
|OS||Android 10 MIUI 12|
|Display||External: 6.52-inch 2,520 x 840 OLED with 90Hz refresh rate|
Internal: 8.01-inch 1,860 x 2,480 OLED
|Processor||Snapdragon 888 5G|
|RAM||12GB / 16GB|
|Storage||256GB / 512GB|
|Rear camera||108MP + 13MP + 8MP|
|Connectivity||5G, Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 6e|
|Dimensions||Unfolded: 164.2 x 76.1 x 9.1mm (317 g/332g)|
Folded: 173.3 x 69.8 x 17.2 mm (317 g/332g)